Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Easy and delicious enchiladas and rice

I have experimented with trying to make the perfect enchiladas that are not too heavy and rice that has flavor but not too overpowering. I realized I was over doing both, so I researched a bunch of recipes and made my own. Of course, I didnt measure anything, ugh,  so I am hoping the measurements are about right. :/ Also will add pictures when I make them again but ate them too quickly.

Enchiladas
(makes a 9 x 11 pan, 8-10 tortillas)
Preheat oven to 350

Filling:
1 pound of cooked ground beef, seasoned with taco seasoning, fat drained
1/4 cup cream cheese
4.5oz can of green chilis

After cooking and draining fat from beef add cream cheese, seasoning and green chilis. Put about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of mixture in each soft tortilla (I used flour). Roll and line them up in a casserole dish.

Topping:
16 oz Jar of taco sauce (red sauce found near other sauces but it's not enchilada sauce)
1/2 cup of sour cream

Combine together in sauce pan and stir until mixed thoroughly and heated through. Then pour over top of tortillas. Top with shredded cheese

Cook at 350 for 30-40 minutes

Before serving I added shredded romaine lettuce and sour cream on top.



Southwestern Rice
(serving size 6)

Ingredients:
4 cups of cooked rice or 1 1/3 cup of uncooked (I used 2 boil in a bag whole grain)
1/3 cup of chicken broth
4.5oz can green chilis
8.5 oz can of corn
8oz can of tomato sauce
1 Tb oil or butter
1 teaspoon of cumin
Salt and pepper to taste

Once rice is cooked add all above ingredients and combine well. Put in an oven safe dish, top with cheese and bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes.

I like to add fresh cilantro or parsley on top before you serve, it adds a little color. :)

1 comment:

  1. Mouth is watering!! You know I love me some Mexican food. I will have to try making something like this and see if C will actually eat it. ;)

    ReplyDelete